This weight watchers chicken taco soup has low calories and its cooked under 20 minutes.
It’s one of the best weight watchers soup recipes for treating cold and flu symptoms. After consuming three bowls of this miracle cure, you’ll be up and running again in no time.
The soup has a lemony zest to it and is so filling, that one bowl can keep you satisfied for an entire day.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 6 People
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 4 Tablespoons
Black Beans: 1½ cup of drained & rinsed black beans
Pinto Beans: 1½ cup of drained & rinsed pinto beans
Spring Onions: ½ cup of spring onions – diced
Kernel Corn: 1½ cup of drained kernel corn
Dark-Red Kidney Beans: 1½ cup of drained & rinsed dark-red kidney beans
Chicken Breasts: 2 boneless uncooked chicken breasts – shredded
Chicken Stock: 2 cups of low-fat salt-free chicken stock
Lemon Juice: 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice or lime
Black Pepper: 1 tsp, or to taste
Cinnamon: 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
Tomatoes: 1½ cup of tomatoes – diced
Pink Himalayan Salt: 1 tsp, or to taste
Green Bell Pepper
- Pour 2 cups of water into a large soup pot – place on stove on high heat till the water starts boiling.
- After the water has started boiling, add the chicken breasts, kernel corn and all the beans to the pot and let it boil on high heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the 2 cups of chicken stock, salt, pepper, onions and cinnamon. Reduce heat to medium.
- After 5 minutes have passed, add the olive oil, tomatoes and lemon or lime juice. Let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Dish out the soup into bowls and garnish with some parsley leaves, Greek yoghurt and green bell pepper.
If you tried our weight watchers chicken taco soup recipe, let us know how it went in the comment section below.
Also, if you like this recipe, please pin the following image below to your Pinterest account.