This weight watchers potato soup recipe is one of the best low-calorie soup recipes for weight loss. This recipe serves 6 and takes about an hour to prepare.
This recipe is quite easy to prepare, well most soups are anyways, and it’ll leave you full and satisfied for quite some time.
It has a pleasant baked potato flavor and you can garnish it with any healthy toppings that you desire, but just keep the toppings extra healthy – no bacon, turkey bacon or shredded cheese.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 50 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour
Serves: 6 People
Potatoes: 6 large potatoes (about 3 pounds) – each pierced multiple times with a knife or fork
Scallions: 6 Tablespoons of chopped and diced scallions
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 2 Tbsp
Garlic: 1 large bulb finely chopped and diced
Fresh Thyme: 1 Tablespoon of freshly-ground thyme
Plain Greek Yoghurt: 6 Tbsp
Goat Cheese: 3 Tbsp
Chicken Broth: 4 cups of low-salt chicken broth
Black Pepper: 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
Pink Himalayan Salt: 1 tsp
Parsley: fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF, place the potatoes on a oven rack and slide them into the oven. Bake them for 40 minutes or so until they’re nice and tender, then remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool down for about 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes cool, add the olive oil, garlic, thyme, scallions and chicken broth in a saucepan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, mash them into a smooth paste, then add them to the saucepan.
- Gradually stir in the yoghurt, goat cheese, salt and pepper – then lower the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Dish out the soup into bowls and garnish with some parsley leaves.
If you tried this weight watchers potato soup recipe, let us know how it went in the comment section below.
Also, if you like this recipe, please pin the following image below to your Pinterest account.