This weight watchers taco soup recipe uses lean ground turkey instead of beef, which cuts down on saturated fat and LDL “bad” cholesterol.
It’s one of the best weight watchers soup recipes for Sunday lunches or dinners. It takes about 45 minutes to cook, from prepping to dishing out.
You could replace the meat with mushrooms or another meat substitute, as well as replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth – to make it vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 35 Minutes
Total time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 6 People
Ground Turkey: 1 pound (450 g) of lean ground beef or lean ground turkey – (the soup is better with ground turkey)
Chicken Broth: 6 cups of low-salt chicken broth
Black Beans: 1½ cup of drained & rinsed black beans
Pinto Beans: 1½ cup of drained & rinsed pinto beans
Green Bell Pepper: 1 small green bell pepper – diced
Kernel Corn: 1½ cup of drained kernel corn
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 4 Tablespoons
Onions: 1 medium onion – diced
Tomatoes: 1½ cup of tomatoes – diced
Garlic: 2 cloves – minced
Cinnamon: 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
Paprika: 2 teaspoons of paprika powder
Pink Himalayan Salt: 1 tsp, or to taste
Black Pepper: 1 tsp, or to taste
Diced Avocado Cubes
- Add the ground turkey or beef to a large soup pot with 3 cups of water and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Then drain the browned ground turkey to remove excess fat.
- Add the chicken broth and all the other ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Cook on high heat for 20 minutes and then let it simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes more.
- Dish out the soup into bowls and garnish with some parsley leaves, Greek yoghurt, shredded cheese and diced avocado cubes.
The toppings are optional, but to further reduce the calorie count, you may want to leave out the cheese and avocado.
If you’re using canned products, always make sure to choose the low-sodium varieties, as well as to rinse and drain them to remove excess salt, and other additives.
If you tried this weight watchers taco soup recipe, let us know how it went in the comment section below.
Also, if you like this recipe, please pin the following image below to your Pinterest account.