This weight watchers vegetable soup recipe contains no meat or dairy products at all. Its one of the best weight watchers soup recipes for vegans & vegetarians.
This recipe serves 10 and is super easy to prepare. It’s perfect for busy people, as you can cook it under 32 minutes, and you’ll save even more time if you buy some pre-cut veggies from the grocery store.
This vegetable soup has a green and earthy taste, with aromatic flavors. It’s low-calorie, which makes it a perfect midday snack or dinner appetizer.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 12 Minutes
Total time: 32 Minutes
Serves: 10 People
Green Peas: 2 cups of uncooked green peas
Broccoli: 2 cups of uncooked broccoli – small florets
Zucchini: 2 small uncooked zucchinis – diced
Celery: 1 medium-sized rib of uncooked celery – diced
Onions: 1 medium-sized uncooked onion – diced
Vegetable Broth: 6 cups of low-salt vegetable broth – fat free
Cauliflower: 2 cups of uncooked cauliflower – small florets
Savoy Cabbage: 2 cups of uncooked savoy cabbage or other variety – shredded
Swiss Chard: 2 cups of uncooked swiss chard – chopped
Fresh Parsley: 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley or chives – chopped
Garlic: 2 medium-sized cloves – minced
Fresh Thyme: 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme – chopped
Pink Himalayan Salt: 1 tsp, or to taste
Black Pepper: 1 tsp, or to taste
- Pour the vegetable broth into a large soup pot and place it on the stove at medium heat.
- When the broth starts simmering, put the vegetables into the pot and cover with a lid and bring to a boil at high heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the pink Himalayan salt, black pepper and garlic to the pot. Partly cover the pot with the lid, reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the thyme, parsley or chives. Season to taste.
- Dish out the soup into bowls.
If you like thick soup, you can puree the soup with a little bit of sweet-potato paste.
You can add or leave out vegetables to suit your individual taste. Use fresh vegetables, instead of frozen ones, as it will change the texture and flavor of the soup.
Also, if you like this weight watchers vegetable soup recipe, please pin the following image below to your Pinterest account.